Spring (Autumn in Aust.) Anime Charts
The charts have been released and a much clearer version of the chart can be viewed here.
Credits go to the maker of the chart.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Durarara!!


To be honest, Durarara!! was never the type the of anime that I like. I found it really weird and not making any sense. Headless rider, Dollars and all the things in it makes me feel that this anime is trying too hard. Of course the bad way. It wasn't at episode 7 when I started to feel this anime is boring and I'm just wasting my time to watch it. However I was wrong, it is actually what the anime that purposely made us feel this way.It was showing the everyday lives of every characters in the anime, telling us who they are and what they are doing etc.It just the normal things they do daily. And then BOOM! Everything was never the same...

Imagine everything I have just said then were suddenly all joined up and became one major big thing. It will obviously won't make sense right? But this anime, was able to do it. Every character have their own secrets and reason of being in the anime.It will link everything in place little by little.They will slowly make the clear image to us as we will be not longer to feel confused. From something so normal and basic to something so amazing and magnificent. This is, Durarara!!

I'm now deeply into it and I crave to watch more. Overall the plot aren't bad, it is kind of interesting. Not to forget the openings and endings. Far they are good! I personally loved ending 2 'Butterfly by On/Off' and the opening 2 'Complication by ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D'.

Anyways guys into modern fantasy and weird storyline, definitely should give Durarara a go :)

Jayce's notes:
Unlike Takumii however I enjoyed this anime from its very first episode. I liked how they got a normal society where we can somehow relate and how they have combined that society with normal day issues like gangs and the not so normal urban legends such as the 'Slasher' and the 'Headless rider'. The anime is not as confusing if you think about it, of course they mix things up and it may seem confusing but if you think about it it all fits, thats another thing I like about Durarara, they have interwoven so many storylines and so many charcaters into one plot that makes sense and is interesting. I love the music for it all 4 of them, but my favourite has to be 'Complication by ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D'. My opionion is similar to Takumii's, if you're not watching it already, you're missing out.

No comments: