Spring (Autumn in Aust.) Anime Charts
The charts have been released and a much clearer version of the chart can be viewed here.
Credits go to the maker of the chart.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chobits

Synopsis:
In the future, personal computers have developed into "Persocoms", mobile computers that look like human beings. Hideki Motosuwa, a prep school student, desperately wants to buy a Persocon but cannot afford to. One day he finds a Persocom that has been thrown away and decides to keep it. When he turns on the Persocom, all she can say is "Chi" so he decides to name her that. After a while it starts to become apparent that Chi is more than an average Persocom. Having much better performance, it seems that Chi might be a "Chobit", a type of advanced Persocom rumored to have independent thought.

That is the basic synopsis for Chobits, its first and only season has 26 episodes and its filled with comedy, drama, romance and a bit of ecchi. Chobits was the second anime I watched when I first started out and it still is one of my favourites, back then I was a fan of comedy romances and I still am today. Chobits is admittedly old, airing from April 3rd 2002 to September 25th 2002, but its quality and storyline is great nevertheless. The music fit well into the theme, and the the character designs were a high standard for animes from 2002, not as great as today's CG creations but Chobit's character designs are still one I enjoy viewing. I'll give a rating just to make it easier for people to decide weather they should watch it or not, I recommend you do give it a try and after a few episodes you may come to love it, I give it 8/10.

No comments: